WDSC - Upgrading from 5.1.2 to 6.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WDSC - Upgrading from 5.1.2 to 6.0

Hi Brendan! WDSC 5.1.2 and WDSC 6.0 can co-exist on the same machine, so you don't necessarily have to uninstall WDSC 5.1.2. Obviously, you will free up a lot of room if you do uninstall. Also, look for an upcoming Tech Tip on how to remove the last little bits of WDSC 5.1.2; if the uninstall doesn't go smoothly, you may have to clean out some registry values. Joe

Hi. I have WDSC 5.1.2 installed on my pc. Version 5.0 was very difficult to deal with in terms of upgrading to WDSC 5.1 (5.0 had to be uninstalled completely, and afterwards there were directories that needed to be cleaned up manually). Can I just upgrade 5.1.2 by installing WDSC 6.0 right over it, or does the 6.0 version install itself as a separate product? Do I have to uninstall WDSC 5.1.2 if I only want one version of the product on my machine? Thanks. Brendan

Comment

Thanks, Joe. Sorry I didn't reply sooner... I uninstalled 5.1.2 and installed 6.0 on a different machine, so that I could see what I needed to do on my laptop. All is well, but I just wish there was an upgrade option. The WDSC/Eclipse IDE is fantastic, but this is the only aspect of it where I wish there was a better way All the best, Joe, and thanks for replying! I'll keep an eye out for that tip. Brendan

Comment

Working...
      X