Is SEU going to be unavailable soon?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is SEU going to be unavailable soon?

As far as I know, SEU is going to hang around for quite a while but it will no longer be enhanced Sadly, I just read a post on another site of a WDSC user who lost his source when WDSC crashed on the PC. Personally, I am hoping they keep SEU around for a *long* time Terry

I'm pretty sure SEU will always be available. The only issue is whether it will be unbundled from, say, the RPG compiler. Right now you get pretty much all the compilers and environments and green screen tools and WDSC all for a single price. At some point in the future, you may have to choose between green screen tools and GUI tools. Joe

Comment

Terry, I use WDSC all day every day and have for years now. I haven't lost a source member since version 5 of WDSC. I don't know who lost their source, but if they were running version 7 I bet they could have recovered it. Joe

Comment

I have WDSC loaded on my laptop and plan to start trying to get a little training and begin to use it at least occasionally. If the past is any indication, I will probably learn to like it. (I hated Free, now won't code anything out of Free). But there is this "rumor" circulating my place of employment that SEU is going to no longer be available at all. I'm not sure what is the basis for these comments, and was just wondering if anyone has any information. Somehow I dislike fear as a motivator for change and hearing comments made with no facts behind them.

Comment

Joe, it appears that he was able to recover his code from the last spool file produced by the compiler...lucky for him: http://www.code400.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3828 I won't bother to share my opinion regarding the instability of software running in the Windows environment ;-) Terry

Comment

Working...
          X