Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Web Services for the Traditional RPG Programmer, Part I (Article)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Web Services for the Traditional RPG Programmer, Part I (Article)

(My message didn't show up under the article, so reposting here...) Hi Paul, I read your article and have played with web services in WDSC before. One question always jumps to my mind. What's the best way to manage the user id / password that Java uses to connect to the iSeries (AS400, i5)? Let that sink in for a moment. It's a big question. Use JAAS? I believe the WDSC Web Service Wizard will use ProgramCallDocument with PCML to call the RPG program. Doesn't that make the whole web service a bit fragile? If a user learns that user id, can't they disable the whole web service by disabling that profile (typing invalid passwords on a green screen sign on)? Do you then make the user id 10 "hard to guess" characters? Security through obscurity? Or can you specify *current *current if the Java class and the RPG program on the same LPAR? What happens if someone changes the user password? Does that break the web service? Where in the EAR or WAR do I fix that? Is the password encrypted in a config file? I'm serious... I personally haven't read a good article that discusses the connection user id / password management. Here's your chance! Regards, Chris
Working...
X