RSE Can't start interactive session...please help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RSE Can't start interactive session...please help

When I try to get an interactive session going with RSE I get this error message. A request to run an interactive command or program was received for the RSE connection ERIK, but no interactive job is currently associated with this connection. To associate an interactive job with this connection: 1. Open a 5250 emulator, 2. Run the CL command STRRSESVR NAME(ERIK) 3. This will associate the interactive job with this connection, causing this dailog to close and your interactive command or program to run. When I run the STRRESVR command I get a message stating, "Error Connecting to Remote System Explorer" I 'F1' on the message and get this: Message ID . . . . . . : RSE2001 Severity . . . . . . . : 30 Message type . . . . . : Diagnostic Date sent . . . . . . : 10/25/06 Time sent . . . . . . : 14:50:26 Message . . . . : Error connecting to Remote Systems Explorer Cause . . . . . : The STRRSESVR command could not create a TCP/IP connection to the Remote Systems Explorer (RSE) at remote location 192.168.100.136 on port 4300. Possible causes: The iSeries RSE communications daemon has not been started on the client. The remote location name is not a correct TCP/IP hostname or address. The iSeries RSE communications daemon is listening on a different port number. Start the iSeries communication daemon and verify that the remote location name and port are valid. If I return to RSE and click the down arrow on the right of the Remote Systems Explorer perspective there is an option at the bottom to, "Stop Communications Daemon" Doesn't this mean that RSE recognizes my connection?
Working...
X