invalid syntax errors on Editing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• invalid syntax errors on Editing

there is nothing wrong with the two following statements but code keeps generating the errors shown. Are there any fixes/patches to correct the annoyance problem. both statements will compile cleanly and do work. I am using websphere developers studio 5.0 version 5.0.0 service pack 0, build v5r1_20010122 c if rc <> *cancel RNV0604E The token is not valid; token is ignored. RNV0637E An operand was expected but was not found; specification is ignored. c reads sfprod RNV5014E Operation code is not valid; specification is ignored.

I looked in the RPG reference guide and I cannot find any reference to "reads" or "*cancel" Andrew Soffen wrote: > there is nothing wrong with the two following statements but code keeps > generating the errors shown. Are there any fixes/patches to correct the > annoyance problem. > both statements will compile cleanly and do work. I am using websphere > developers studio 5.0 > version 5.0.0 service pack 0, build v5r1_20010122 > > > c if rc <> *cancel > RNV0604E The token is not valid; token is ignored. > RNV0637E An operand was expected but was not found; specification is > ignored. > > c reads sfprod > RNV5014E Operation code is not valid; specification is ignored. > >

Comment

You seem to use VisualAge for RPG. Have a look at the following newsgroup: ibm.software.varpg There you can also find some pathes. Rolf "Andrew Soffen" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:c8vdte$991q$1@news.boulder.ibm.com... > there is nothing wrong with the two following statements but code keeps > generating the errors shown. Are there any fixes/patches to correct the > annoyance problem. > both statements will compile cleanly and do work. I am using websphere > developers studio 5.0 > version 5.0.0 service pack 0, build v5r1_20010122 > > > c if rc <> *cancel > RNV0604E The token is not valid; token is ignored. > RNV0637E An operand was expected but was not found; specification is > ignored. > > c reads sfprod > RNV5014E Operation code is not valid; specification is ignored. > >

Comment

this occurs on editing VARPG "Andrew Soffen" wrote in message news:c8vdte$991q$1@news.boulder.ibm.com... > there is nothing wrong with the two following statements but code keeps > generating the errors shown. Are there any fixes/patches to correct the > annoyance problem. > both statements will compile cleanly and do work. I am using websphere > developers studio 5.0 > version 5.0.0 service pack 0, build v5r1_20010122 > > > c if rc <> *cancel > RNV0604E The token is not valid; token is ignored. > RNV0637E An operand was expected but was not found; specification is > ignored. > > c reads sfprod > RNV5014E Operation code is not valid; specification is ignored. > >

Comment

Working...
        X