Webfacing: checkboxes and enter button

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Webfacing: checkboxes and enter button

I'm only posting a reply because I'd quite like to know if this is possible too! Thanks.

Me too!

Comment

John Valance wrote: > I have 2 webfacing questions: > > 1) Is there a way to take a one character field (which would be Y or N) and > change it into an ? I know I can replace the field > with HTML, but how can I ensure that checking the box will send a "Y" to my > app, and when displaying data, if the value in the database is "Y" show the > box already checked? > > 2) All of our screens have "Enter=Continue" at the bottom. This is not > converted into a button via pattern recognition like the "FK=" text strings > on the display. Is there a way to get the Enter key to be a push button? > > Thanks! > John V. Golly, this does not seem to be rocket science (it is beyond that, the Chinese had rockets centuries ago :-) 1) why not edit the jsp to make the entry field hidden and add your checkbox control. Make it so that on-click it loads the value into your entry field and at load sets the checkbox control appropriately. The actual coding is left as an exercise for the edification of the reader 2) what if you add a "enter=" function key detection pattern ? Mike

Comment

If you define the enter key on your command key line (Enter = xxxxx), webfacing will create a command key button for you. The check box return value would need to be a java script that you could insert as html in code designer. Jeff Young IBM e(logo) Certified Systems Expert - iSeries Technical Solutions V5R2 Dynax Solutions, Inc. jyoung@dynax.com

Comment

I have 2 webfacing questions: 1) Is there a way to take a one character field (which would be Y or N) and change it into an ? I know I can replace the field with HTML, but how can I ensure that checking the box will send a "Y" to my app, and when displaying data, if the value in the database is "Y" show the box already checked? 2) All of our screens have "Enter=Continue" at the bottom. This is not converted into a button via pattern recognition like the "FK=" text strings on the display. Is there a way to get the Enter key to be a push button? Thanks! John V.

Comment

If you put a values clause(VALUES('Y' 'N') in the DDS, webfacing will create the checkbox and the value will be passed as if you had keyed it. As for the enter key as a button we use WDSC 5.0 and it automatically creates the enter button

Comment

Working...
            X