Exporting Problems witn WSDC 5.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exporting Problems witn WSDC 5.1

Hmmm, for some reason I keep not getting responses to the questions I post here. Does anyone by chance know where I can get IBM support or where there is a forum that is supported by IBM?

The IBM support line for the United States is 1-800-426-7378. Be prepared to get through at least two gatekeepers, even if you have fully paid support. Dave

Comment

Hello Everyone, I am new to WebFacing 5250 RPG applications for IBM iSeries/AS400 boxes. I am using the WebSphere Development Studio Client for iSeries and have managed to WebFace an application successfully and test it on the test server that is provied with WSDC 5.1. Where everything starts going wrong is when I try to export an EAR file I keep getting an "Access is denied" Error Message. The error Id I keep getting is "IWAE0030E". I have full access to all the folders on the AS400 all permissions are set to public for Read, Write and Execute, but I still keep getting this "Access is denied" error message every time I try to export. Has anyone run into this error before? Does anyone know what is happening? Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you, Joey

Comment

Hi Joey! While I'm not going to be much help with WebFacing questions, I am concerned about your statement "I keep not getting responses to the questions I post here". I'm sorry, but I've never run across any of your previous posts. Did you post under the same name? Anyway, David gave you a good start on IBM support. I don't know too many people who actually use WebFacing in production, so there just isn't that much support out there short of going to the source. Joe

Comment

In article <7a0e20dd.0406030817.3a341c80@posting.google.com>, jodo710 @hotmail.com says... > Does anyone by chance know where I can get IBM support > http://techsupport.services.ibm.com/.../handbook.html -- Juanma Martinez

Comment

Joey wrote: > Hello Everyone, > > I am new to WebFacing 5250 RPG applications for IBM iSeries/AS400 > boxes. I am using the WebSphere Development Studio Client for iSeries > and have managed to WebFace an application successfully and test it on > the test server that is provied with WSDC 5.1. > > Where everything starts going wrong is when I try to export an EAR > file I keep getting an "Access is denied" Error Message. The error Id > I keep getting is "IWAE0030E". I have full access to all the folders > on the AS400 all permissions are set to public for Read, Write and > Execute, but I still keep getting this "Access is denied" error > message every time I try to export. > > Has anyone run into this error before? Does anyone know what is > happening? Any help will be greatly appreciated. > > Thank you, > Joey First of all I don't think that you get any official IBM support via a forum. If you have a problem you need to report it via one of the IBM problem reporting channels (I think someone has already given a link to info on that). I would try and avoid posting to multiple newsgroups as that just tends to annoy some people and they just don't respond to such posts. In your case, that is a WDSC problem, I'd just stick with the studio400 forum. For your problem specifically I'd say it was a simple authority problem. You don't really say what version of Windows you are running with or where you are trying to export to. However I'm sure you have it figured out by now. Mike

Comment

Working...
            X