Mult PC's running CODE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mult PC's running CODE

First some background. We are on OS 5.1. I have installed WDSC V4.0 on my pc. I start CODE using the STRCODETCP command from the 400. Everything has been working fine until CODE was installed on another PC. Now I get and error of evfctpcd.exe has generated errors and will be closed by windows. Any ideas on what is wrong? We all have a different current library.

Mult PC's running CODE

> First some background. We are on OS 5.1. I > have installed WDSC V4.0 on my pc. I'm sure the official response is going to be 'that is too old - try the latest version instead.' > I start CODE using the STRCODETCP > command from the 400. Everything > has been working fine until CODE was > installed on another PC. Now I > get and error of evfctpcd.exe has generated > errors and will be closed by windows. Any > ideas on what is wrong? We all have a different > current library. I am using an even older version than you, but it is possible that you have Code objects in common libraries. Try deleting these, wherever you find them: STRCODE *USRSPC VDEOPEN *USRSPC EVFEVENT *FILE What I'm thinking is that you have one of these things in a common library like QGPL and it's being locked by one user while another tries to access it. Ultimately, these things should only be in the *CURLIB of each programmer. Close Code, kill all the EVF* processes running on the PC and try it again. --buck

Comment

Mult PC's running CODE

"Buck Calabro" wrote in message news:... > > First some background. We are on OS 5.1. I > > have installed WDSC V4.0 on my pc. > > I'm sure the official response is going to be 'that is too old - try > the latest version instead.' > > > I start CODE using the STRCODETCP > > command from the 400. Everything > > has been working fine until CODE was > > installed on another PC. Now I > > get and error of evfctpcd.exe has generated > > errors and will be closed by windows. Any > > ideas on what is wrong? We all have a different > > current library. > > I am using an even older version than you, but it is possible that you > have Code objects in common libraries. Try deleting these, wherever > you find them: > > STRCODE *USRSPC > VDEOPEN *USRSPC > EVFEVENT *FILE > > What I'm thinking is that you have one of these things in a common > library like QGPL and it's being locked by one user while another > tries to access it. Ultimately, these things should only be in the > *CURLIB of each programmer. > > Close Code, kill all the EVF* processes running on the PC and try it > again. > --buck First of all I got it to work. I created an New Server, started CODE and deleted the server I just added and it works fine. I am confused about the version thing tho. The CD's I loaded are Development Studio Client for iSeries V4.0. It's copyright is 2002. (White CD's) The other CD's I have (Black CD's) are Development Tools for iSeries V5.1 copyright 2001. What CD's shouls have been loaded?

Comment

Mult PC's running CODE

> First of all I got it to work. I created an New > Server, started CODE and deleted the server I > just added and it works fine. Very nice! Good thinking! > I am confused about the version thing tho. Who isn't? (I'm being serious...) > The CD's I loaded are Development Studio > Client for iSeries V4.0. It's copyright is 2002. (White CD's) > The other CD's I have (Black CD's) are Development > Tools for iSeries V5.1 copyright 2001. > What CD's shouls have been loaded? The _other_ set that you don't have in hand. Sigh. What happened: In the distant past when dinosaurs roamed the Earth and used OS/2, IBM invented Application Development Tool Set - Client/Server (ADTS/CS), and it ran on OS/2 PCs. The versions were linked to the version numbers of OS/400. This continued for some time until Windows support was de rigeur. Then it continued some more. Soon, IBM felt that they had too many names for their software, and in an effort to create an 'IBM brand software' marque, re-labelled much of their software 'WebSphere.' Our virtually anonymous ADTS/CS became WebSphere Development Tools for iSeries - WDT. The version numbers were still in lock step with OS/400, until the name was changed (as well as the contents re-organised). The new name is WDSCi - WebSphere Development Studio Client for iSeries. Along with the new name came the decision to link the version numbers with WebSphere Application Server. This caused a bit of confusion, since (at the time) OS/400 was at V5R1 and WAS was at V4.0. The various name changes have resulted in this unusual version number progression: ADTS/CS V4R5 WDT V5R1 WDSCi 4.0 WDSCi 5.0 WDSCi 5.1 So, in summary (finally, eh?) your CDs are two versions back from the current set, WDSCi 5.1. The current CDs create Java thingies which are compatible with WAS 5.1. Oh, they also throw in Code/400 and VARPG. http://www-306.ibm.com/software/awdtools/wdt400/ Good luck! --buck

Comment

Mult PC's running CODE

"Buck Calabro" wrote in message news:... > > First of all I got it to work. I created an New > > Server, started CODE and deleted the server I > > just added and it works fine. > > Very nice! Good thinking! > > > I am confused about the version thing tho. > > Who isn't? (I'm being serious...) > > > The CD's I loaded are Development Studio > > Client for iSeries V4.0. It's copyright is 2002. (White CD's) > > > The other CD's I have (Black CD's) are Development > > Tools for iSeries V5.1 copyright 2001. > > > What CD's shouls have been loaded? > > The _other_ set that you don't have in hand. Sigh. > > What happened: > In the distant past when dinosaurs roamed the Earth and used OS/2, IBM > invented Application Development Tool Set - Client/Server (ADTS/CS), > and it ran on OS/2 PCs. The versions were linked to the version > numbers of OS/400. This continued for some time until Windows support > was de rigeur. > > Then it continued some more. > > Soon, IBM felt that they had too many names for their software, and in > an effort to create an 'IBM brand software' marque, re-labelled much > of their software 'WebSphere.' Our virtually anonymous ADTS/CS became > WebSphere Development Tools for iSeries - WDT. The version numbers > were still in lock step with OS/400, until the name was changed (as > well as the contents re-organised). > > The new name is WDSCi - WebSphere Development Studio Client for > iSeries. Along with the new name came the decision to link the > version numbers with WebSphere Application Server. This caused a bit > of confusion, since (at the time) OS/400 was at V5R1 and WAS was at > V4.0. The various name changes have resulted in this unusual version > number progression: > > ADTS/CS V4R5 > WDT V5R1 > WDSCi 4.0 > WDSCi 5.0 > WDSCi 5.1 > > So, in summary (finally, eh?) your CDs are two versions back from the > current set, WDSCi 5.1. The current CDs create Java thingies which > are compatible with WAS 5.1. Oh, they also throw in Code/400 and > VARPG. http://www-306.ibm.com/software/awdtools/wdt400/ > > Good luck! > --buck Thanks Buck!! Well, everything has been going fine until..................... There are now 4 developers with CODE installed. If I start CODE everything works fine. After another developer starts CODE my edit sessions pop up on his device!!!!! What the HELL!!! Yes I said HELL!!! We all have different current libraries so what is set up wrong?

Comment

Mult PC's running CODE

It's simple; you are sharing a STRCODE user space with the new guy. Search your entire system for stray user spaces named STRCODE: wrkobj *all/strcode *usrspc Delete every one that is not in a programmer's current library. Double-check that your CODE users' have a unique current library specified in their respective user profiles. Are youre CODE users setting their current library in an initial program? Unless you are running STRCODE command in a dedicated interactive session, your CODE server job will not invoke your initial program, and thus you will be running without a current library. The current library must be specified in the user profile. Make sure none of your CODE users' current libraries are on any other user's library list. "Jerry Forss" wrote in message news:b9f902c9.0406221149.3739b8d1@posting.google.c om... > "Buck Calabro" wrote in message news:... > > > First of all I got it to work. I created an New > > > Server, started CODE and deleted the server I > > > just added and it works fine. > > > > Very nice! Good thinking! > > > > > I am confused about the version thing tho. > > > > Who isn't? (I'm being serious...) > > > > > The CD's I loaded are Development Studio > > > Client for iSeries V4.0. It's copyright is 2002. (White CD's) > > > > > The other CD's I have (Black CD's) are Development > > > Tools for iSeries V5.1 copyright 2001. > > > > > What CD's shouls have been loaded? > > > > The _other_ set that you don't have in hand. Sigh. > > > > What happened: > > In the distant past when dinosaurs roamed the Earth and used OS/2, IBM > > invented Application Development Tool Set - Client/Server (ADTS/CS), > > and it ran on OS/2 PCs. The versions were linked to the version > > numbers of OS/400. This continued for some time until Windows support > > was de rigeur. > > > > Then it continued some more. > > > > Soon, IBM felt that they had too many names for their software, and in > > an effort to create an 'IBM brand software' marque, re-labelled much > > of their software 'WebSphere.' Our virtually anonymous ADTS/CS became > > WebSphere Development Tools for iSeries - WDT. The version numbers > > were still in lock step with OS/400, until the name was changed (as > > well as the contents re-organised). > > > > The new name is WDSCi - WebSphere Development Studio Client for > > iSeries. Along with the new name came the decision to link the > > version numbers with WebSphere Application Server. This caused a bit > > of confusion, since (at the time) OS/400 was at V5R1 and WAS was at > > V4.0. The various name changes have resulted in this unusual version > > number progression: > > > > ADTS/CS V4R5 > > WDT V5R1 > > WDSCi 4.0 > > WDSCi 5.0 > > WDSCi 5.1 > > > > So, in summary (finally, eh?) your CDs are two versions back from the > > current set, WDSCi 5.1. The current CDs create Java thingies which > > are compatible with WAS 5.1. Oh, they also throw in Code/400 and > > VARPG. http://www-306.ibm.com/software/awdtools/wdt400/ > > > > Good luck! > > --buck > > Thanks Buck!! > > Well, everything has been going fine until..................... > > There are now 4 developers with CODE installed. > If I start CODE everything works fine. After another developer starts > CODE my edit sessions pop up on his device!!!!! > > What the HELL!!! Yes I said HELL!!! > We all have different current libraries so what is set up wrong?

Comment

Working...
            X