CODE400 upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CODE400 upgrade

Code 400 is part of the Websphere Development Studio Client for iSeries. You should have received CD's with your V5R2 OS order that are used to load on the development PC's. I think the current version for the client is 5.1. Be aware that IBM is pulling back from enhancing the Code 400 editor in favor of their LPEX editor (both are included with WDSC and for now at least, you can use either editor). I wouldn't be surprised to see IBM pull the Code 400 product as they seem to be focused on LPEX (in the not too distant future). Technology changing with the speed of light.

CODE400 upgrade

<< I wouldn't be surprised to see IBM pull the Code 400 product as they seem to be focused on LPEX (in the not too distant future)
    >
    Isnt that like taking a step (or many steps) back?

Comment

CODE400 upgrade

No, really it isn't. WDSC is built on a far more flexible platform than CODE/400 was. And while CODE/400 still has a few features that the jLpex editors lack, WDSC is quickly catching up. And the development money is pretty much targetted for WDSC, so don't expect a lot of enhancements. If you take a look at the great things the Java editor does, and some of the cool features already available for RPG, you might be excited for the future of the RPG editor. Joe

Comment

CODE400 upgrade

I recently installed the newest versions of both CODE and WDSc (5.1.2). I have long preferred CODE over LPEX. However, LPEX now has nearly all the features CODE used to have, and CODE has lost a couple. I am now using LPEX all the time, and found the transition very easy.

Comment

CODE400 upgrade

The sandbox is smaller. I went to CODE because i can fit 120 lines of rpgle code on a screen for editing (I split my screen and have 60 lines side by side). How many lines you get with lpex?

Comment

CODE400 upgrade

I regularly have 150 lines on my screen with two editors side by side. One noted issue with the jLpex editors is that you can only have one view into a file; the Eclipse folks are supposed to be working on that. But I more regularly have three different source members... or two source members and an XML file, or a browser and a source member, or a JSP editor and a CSS. Joe

Comment

CODE400 upgrade

We are on OS/400 V5R2 and running V4 of Code400. Where and how can I get the newest release of Code400? Thanks, Jack

Comment

CODE400 upgrade

I can live with 150 lines, even if its one view. On the other hand, I thought the Eclipse people were focused on 'speed' for the next version. Hopefully someone will be pushing for the 'coolness' of having more than one real-time-editing- view into the same source

Comment

Working...
                X