compiling out of CODE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• compiling out of CODE

tried it and nothing happens actually never compile with CODE. just switch over to an emulation session and do it from there. So i tried doing what you said, and NOTHING HAPPENED as far as bringing up a list with errors that i can then click on and goto the source. Actually, the job does get submitted and a regular compile listing is created, on the 400. However VERIFY seems to work the way you expect did a verify and it does work: it brings up this window with the errors, C:WDSCTmp#DOW.EVT - Error List i can then click on the errors, and it brings me to the source. so i dont know what to tell you

compiling out of CODE

I tried something else: You know how you right click on the member from RSE to edit in code? I did a compile from there. It then brings up a table with errors. If you dbl-click on an error, and fires up the LPEX editor (it is actually an 'open' instead of an open-with.) Maybe its time to switch to LPEX?

Comment

compiling out of CODE

Via RSE (v 6.0.0.1), I open source members with CODE. I compile using the "no prompt" option (ctrl+shift+c). Up to a couple of weeks ago, I would then get a pop up window letting me know of a pending 400 connection request. When compile completed, a cross reference window was available where I could click on an error & I would be taken to related source code statement. Though I do not remember any change in settings, the compile flow I mentioned above has changed. I no longer get pending request message or the link to the cross reference error list. Any suggestions are appreciated. We are on V5R3. Thanks

Comment

compiling out of CODE

The switch to LPEX is overdue. CODE is going away. If you haven't tried LPEX lately, try it again. More recent versions give nearly all the features of CODE (except Designer), and will be updated in future releases.

Comment

Working...
        X