Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I upgraded to WDSC 5.1 and WebFacing still doesn't work...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I upgraded to WDSC 5.1 and WebFacing still doesn't work...

Considering that you've made a more recent post I'm led to believe that you got this one figured out. I had a similar issue and found that the server port default[4004] on the test server in WDSC had a conflict with another server on the 400 listening on that port. Once our tech's got the webfacing server on the 400 listening on port 4004 the problem went away.

And the results were: Everything converted cleanly. One inconsequential warning error. When I clicked "Run on Server", I received the initial startup screen. When I clicked the link, I received a log-on dialog box. When I signed on, there was a bit of a wait, and I was returned to the initial screen. Some more stuff:
      [*]I explicitly specified the program library on the CL command.[*]I did get a one page job log on the AS/400 indicating that I had signed on.[*]The Webfacing server has already been started, and so have all of the Host servers.[*]The program library is in my library list.[*]The job log does not indicate a "program not found" error.[/list]I have given up for the moment. I have been trying to follow the redbook item for item, but the redbook is a few releases old, and there is no replacement. Any assistance in this matter would be greatly appreciated. Dave

Comment

David, We have been experimenting with WebFacing and have had moderate success. I asked our programmer who has done most of the web dev to look at your post and he said he has not had a similar experience (lots of other strange things, but not this!). You may want to look at one of the newsgroups (http://www-106.ibm.com/developerwork...ere/community/) and see if anyone there can help you. I will also nose around my bookmarks and see what other links I have that may be helpful. Joe

Comment

Thanks Joe, The appendix to the redbook describes my error, but it says that it is due to a "program not found" condition. I know that this can not be the case in this instance. Dave

Comment

HI. DAVID, I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM. HOW DID YOU SOLVE THE PROBLEM? THANKS A LOT RAMIRO

Comment

This was quite a dilemma. I solved the problem by applying PTF 5722SS1-SI10962. This same PTF messed up a production environment that uses I/Net's Webulator product as the web interface. Since I needed to maintain production, I had to remove the PTF. I'm hoping to establish a webfacing production environment in the near future. Dave

Comment

Hi David Abramowitz, Could you send me the link for the above PTF. I am facing the same problem now. Thanks Yogaraj

Comment

V5R2 5722SS1 SI10962

Comment

Hi, it is working for me now. I reinstalled the websphere in a directory without any spaces (C:ProgramFilesIBM)or got any special characters. and also I created the workspace in the directory without spaces (C: wsappdev51workbench_tutorial). Please try. Thanks Yogaraj

Comment

Hi, I had a lot of problems with version 5.0 of WDSC. In particular, I could not get the test server to start so that I could run my WebFacing app on the client for testing. I ordered 5.1 and installed it. The DDS conversion portion worked, but when I run it I still have a problem with the test server starting. Does anyone have the same problem? Here's the end of the server log, where the error occurs upon start up. (see the com.ibm.ws.exception.ConfigurationError) THANK YOU. [12/10/03 16:45:38:114 EST] 4182bad2 ManagerAdmin I TRAS0017I: The startup trace state is *=all=disabled. [12/10/03 16:45:38:175 EST] 4182bad2 ManagerAdmin W TRAS0012W: was specified in the configuration information as the name of the file to use for the ActivityLog stream. This is not a legal name. C:Program FilesIBMWebSphere StudioSite Developerv5.1
                    untimesexpress_v5logsDefaultNodeDefaultNodeserver1 _ActivityLog_03.12.10_16.45.38.txt will be used instead [12/10/03 16:45:38:846 EST] 4182bad2 AdminInitiali A ADMN0015I: AdminService initialized [12/10/03 16:45:40:218 EST] 4182bad2 WsServer E WSVR0003E: Server server1 failed to start com.ibm.ws.exception.ConfigurationError: Exception encountered while extracting configuration information for the Name Space at com.ibm.ws.naming.bootstrap.NameServerImpl.initial ize(NameServerImpl.java:276) at com.ibm.ws.runtime.component.ContainerImpl.initial izeComponent(ContainerImpl.java:706) at com.ibm.ws.runtime.component.ContainerImpl.initial izeComponents(ContainerImpl.java:643) at com.ibm.ws.runtime.component.ServerImpl.initialize (ServerImpl.java:96) at com.ibm.ws.runtime.WsServer.start(WsServer.java:11 9) at com.ibm.ws.runtime.WsServer.main(WsServer.java:225 ) at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method) at com.ibm.ws.bootstrap.WSLauncher.main(WSLauncher.ja va:94) at com.ibm.etools.websphere.tools.runner.api.ServerRu nnerV5$1.run(ServerRunnerV5.java:97) ---- Begin backtrace for nested exception java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: undefined variable: at com.ibm.ws.runtime.component.VariableMapImpl.refer enceVariable(VariableMapImpl.java:288) at com.ibm.ws.runtime.component.VariableMapImpl.expan d(VariableMapImpl.java:233) at com.ibm.ws.runtime.component.VariableMapImpl.expan d(VariableMapImpl.java:243) at com.ibm.ws.runtime.component.VariableMapImpl.recur sivelyExpand(VariableMapImpl.java:273) at com.ibm.ws.runtime.component.VariableMapImpl.refer enceVariable(VariableMapImpl.java:291) at com.ibm.ws.runtime.component.VariableMapImpl.expan d(VariableMapImpl.java:219) at com.ibm.ws.runtime.component.VariableMapImpl.subst itute(VariableMapImpl.java:299) at com.ibm.ws.runtime.component.VariableMapImpl.expan d(VariableMapImpl.java:140) at com.ibm.ws.naming.bootstrap.NameServerImpl.initial ize(NameServerImpl.java:249) at com.ibm.ws.runtime.component.ContainerImpl.initial izeComponent(ContainerImpl.java:706) at com.ibm.ws.runtime.component.ContainerImpl.initial izeComponents(ContainerImpl.java:643) at com.ibm.ws.runtime.component.ServerImpl.initialize (ServerImpl.java:96) at com.ibm.ws.runtime.WsServer.start(WsServer.java:11 9) at com.ibm.ws.runtime.WsServer.main(WsServer.java:225 ) at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method) at com.ibm.ws.bootstrap.WSLauncher.main(WSLauncher.ja va:94) at com.ibm.etools.websphere.tools.runner.api.ServerRu nnerV5$1.run(ServerRunnerV5.java:97) [12/10/03 16:45:40:378 EST] 4182bad2 WsServer E WSVR0009E: Error occurred during startup

Comment

Hi it is working for me now. Hi, it is working for me now. I reinstalled the websphere in a directory without any spaces (C:ProgramFilesIBM)or got any special characters. and also I created the workspace in the directory without spaces (C:wsappdev51workbench_tutorial). Please try. Thanks Yogaraj

Comment

Working...
                      X