Support for INVITE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Support for INVITE

WDSC 5.1.2 may be released today, but it is not yet generally available. I don't think that this will occur until some time in August. One of the advantages of INVITE support is the ability to Webface old S/36 programs. I'm still looking forward to fulfilling the promise of supporting Menu Bar, and Choice keywords. Dave

Support for INVITE

There are a few more related PTFs: V5R3: SI14323 V5R2: SI14731, SI14730, SI14087 V5R1: SI14107, SI14732, probably 2 more soon.

Comment

Support for INVITE

We've been using a lot SingleChoice and MultipleChoice keywords in DSPF's since they appeared and the lack of support in webfacing made us develop an in-house alternative (pre-processing de DSPF and auto- insert java in the webfacing customization to handle the same funtionality). The reason why IBM is not supporting it seems to be that there's not been a lot of people asking for it. Those Keywords simplify a lot the development and they are part of a few that make an aproach of 5250 to graphic interfaces, so I think they should have been supported from the very beggining (don't you think?).

Comment

Support for INVITE

PTFs have been released that support INVITE and GET NOWAIT in webfacing. You'll also need WDSC 5.1.2, which is released July 16. It is orderable as feature code 2656 (V5.1.2 standard client media kit). V5R2: SI14729 V5R3: SI14211, SI14210, SI14209

Comment

Support for INVITE

You have hit the nail on the head. It's hard to believe that even though the 5250 data stream has been supporting Radio Buttons, Check Boxes, Menu Bars, Pulldowns, and Vertical slide bars since 1993, so few people, even AS400 experts know about these features. I should think that the keywords involved lend themselves to standard form controls quite naturally. Other 5250 to web products translate very well. Webfacing should be one of them. Dave

Comment

Working...
          X