Radio Buttons in JSP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radio Buttons in JSP

I think your IF statement should look like this: if (SCR01.getFieldValueWithTransform("TESTFLD", QUOTED_TRANSFORM) == 'Y')

Radio Buttons in JSP

Mark, Thanks for the reply. My statement now looks like this -
     input type=radio name=radio <% if (SCR01.getFieldValueWithTransform("TESTFLD", QUOTED_TRANSFORM) == 'Y') { %> checked <% } %> 
    When I save, I get an error that says "JavaCompile: Incompatible operand types String and char." I have tried everything I can think of......any ideas? Thanks, Joe

Comment

Radio Buttons in JSP

a String in Java is surrounded by double quotes, as in "Y", single quotes ('Y') equals a char.

Comment

Radio Buttons in JSP

Gerry, Thanks for the reply - that solved my compile issue. Unfortunately, I am still having problems......but I am trying to solve before asking for more assistance! Thanks again, Joe Wells

Comment

Radio Buttons in JSP

Does anyone know where I can get documentation for getFieldValueWithTransform ? Thanks, Joe

Comment

Radio Buttons in JSP

For strings you should use the equals method instead of ==. Using == will give you unpredictable results. if (SCR01.getFieldValueWithTransform("TESTFLD", QUOTED_TRANSFORM).equals("Y"))

Comment

Radio Buttons in JSP

I have a simple webfaced program and want to add radio buttons to enter values for a "Y"/"N" field. When the page runs, the radio buttons are (by default) not checked. Enter is automatically entered once the radio button is checked (which is what I want). However, the radio buttons then revert to their defaul value of not checked. I am thinking that it should be really easy to insert a java IF statement something like this - ......radio name=radio <% if (SCR01.getFieldValueWithTransform("TESTFLD", QUOTED_TRANSFORM) = 'Y' { %> checked <% } %> onclick=TESTFLD.value="Y";validateAndSubmit('Enter')>Yes To retain the last status......the problem is that I am somewhat ignorant when it comes to java and cannot make the ^*^@$#! compile. I am sure that it is something really simple! Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks, Joe

Comment

Radio Buttons in JSP

BINGO! Now for the $64,000 question........where on earth is this documented?!?!?! Thanks for your help! Joe

Comment

Working...
                X