RSE editing Qs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RSE editing Qs

wsschultz wrote: > 1. Is there any to quickly navigate to a specific line no. as in SEU? > 2. Is there a way to apply a mod mark (i.e. on the left-hand side) to > all source lines changed on a particular date? > 3. In RSE, is there a way to see on what date a line of code was > changed, as in SEU? 1: yep, Ctrl-L. 2: I can't get a good grasp as to how this would normally be accomplished. View/Filter Date is available. 3: View/Date Area. Bill

RSE editing Qs

Thanks Bill. Is there a quick way to tab to the very beginning of the next line of Src code? I am used to just hitting the Tab key within SEU. Thanks

Comment

RSE editing Qs

wsschultz wrote: > Is there a quick way to tab to the very beginning of the next line of > Src code? I am used to just hitting the Tab key within SEU. Thanks I'm trying to go free-format on all new code, so I haven't had to solve that problem; you might consider using the Actions/Convert All to Free-form option - you just might become a convert. Bill

Comment

RSE editing Qs

Once you've opened up a source member in RSE: Select Window Preferences iSeries LPEX Editor Parsers Check "Add signature to changed lines" Key in desired mod mark (i.e. "MC02") This is also the screen for "Highlight Current line" background color. You may also indicate whether you want the date line created/changed information to be displayed.

Comment

RSE editing Qs

1. Is there any to quickly navigate to a specific line no. as in SEU? 2. Is there a way to apply a mod mark (i.e. on the left-hand side) to all source lines changed on a particular date? 3. In RSE, is there a way to see on what date a line of code was changed, as in SEU? Thanks for any help in this regard.

Comment

RSE editing Qs

To get to the top I use "Ctrl" + "Home" keys. The way I use the jpex editor is to include the line numbers so if I want to go to a specific line number I enter that number in the line number column and it works just like SEU. All the SEU commands I use seem to work if fact. Try to find the time to use the F1 help info. If you're like me you'll spend a lot of time saying "Ah ha!"

Comment

Working...
            X