New to WDSC -- User Actions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to WDSC -- User Actions

I figured it out.. the course was walking you through "source" but you have to go into the "object" to run the command. Thanks anywho.. Charlie

Hi all, Long time RPG programmer (in SEU/PDM) trying to transition to WDSC. I'm walking through Joe Pluta's "WDSC for RPG Programmers" training manual, where it teaches you how to create user actions. It walks you through creating an action called "Reorganize" that does a RGZPFM FILE(&L/&N) command. (Not that I'll ever use that one, but it will demonstrate how to do the user actions.) I created it just fine. Only problem is, I close out, I select the file in their test library and click "user actions" and.. according to the training manual.. my new user action should appear. Nothing. Just "Work with user actions." No selection for my new user action. I can go into "Work with.." and CHANGE it, but it's supposed to show up so I can run it.. it's not showing up. What's going on here? By the way.. the manual says it's for 6.0.. I'm on 7.0.. does it show up somewhere else in 7.0? Thanks, Charlie

Comment

Hi Charlie! I'm sorry the part on user actions was confusing. I tried to be very specific about clicking on the physical file object rather than source at the very beginning of the chapter; maybe I should put in some text to make it completely clear. By the way, there is a WDSC 7 version of the course available. I'm also working on updating the WDSC: Step by Step book for version 7 as well. Joe

Comment

Working...
      X