Runtime Environment for CLP/RPG on WDSC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Runtime Environment for CLP/RPG on WDSC

I'm sorry, but any program that interacts with the user through a 5250 screen won't run natively in WDSC. There is no "emulated" 5250 capability. Java runs because the JVM connects to i5/OS through a set of server programs; you can actually run a Java program on your PC and connect to your System i. If your CL or RPG program doesn't use the 5250 display, you can run it from WDSC. It can run either in the WDSC service job (each WDSC connection has a job servicing it) or you can run in batch. But if it uses the green screen, you will have to use a real 5250 session. Joe

Dear Joe - Thank you very much for your valuable advices. Regards

Comment

Hi All - I am very new in WDSC. I am using WDSC 7 connected to a iSeries V5R3 server installed in a Windows XP. Using WDSC when I am running a Java class file a new window “iSeries Java transform and Run” opened and display the program output. But calling a CLP or RPG program open a Run window (Create, manage, and run configurations) in where have to specify the program name and the program runs in the 5250 emulator in which the RSE server is running (STRRSESVR). I like to know is there any way to get the output of the CLP or RPG program in the WDSC itself as like Java output. I mean does WDSC have any such run time environment for CLP or RPG in the WDSC itself. Thanks & Regards

Comment

As Joe has pointed out and as you have found, if you want to "tie" a 5250 session to your WDSC/RSE session then you must use the STRRSESVR command on the green screen. For (slightly) tighter integration there are a couple of 5250 emulators that you might want to try that will plug-in to WDSC. The latest of these is from Arcad and you can download it from their web site (www.arcadsoftware.com/content/view/201/316/). Those who have used it seem to like it but I haven't had time to play yet.

Comment

Working...
        X