WDSC Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WDSC Issue

I never use VERIFY for the same reason - takes forever. Sometimes in WDSC (I currently use ver 6.01), you can click on the red box next the progress bar to cancel the operation. Not sure if that works with VERIFY (since I do not use it except for occasional fat fingered keyboard shortcut). Chris

WDSC Issue

I want to thank Joe Pluta for his quick answer yesterday! On to new issues.. today was the first time I tried to use WDSC "for real" on an existing RPG-IV (mixed free-form and standard RPG) that I was modifying. (As an aside, I write all new code in free-form RPG.) Certain things I wanted to do seemed a bit slow, but I got in to my program and I was okay making modifications, enjoying the tool, until I tried to "Verify" my program. Then my system locked up, everything on my computer went to "Not Responding," a few green screens in client access, my Outlook, everything, and I was stuck. Eventually, my Verify finished and I got messages (amazingly, there were errors -- I didn't get it right the first time, that's never happened before, haha) but as soon as I clicked on one of my messages, instead of pulling me to the place in source, it locked up again, my hourglass was flashing like crazy, I noticed in Windows Task Manager that javaw.exe was hogging things up. A co-worker suggested I install the PTFs, which I'm doing now, but I shouldn't think it should be doing that. The same co-worker (who is the only co-worker that uses WDSC, but he uses it only limitedly -- he uses it to edit his code, then goes back to green screen to compile) says he never uses the "verify" because it does the same to him, locks him up. I think the "verify" is one of the better options in WDSC (if it actually works and doesn't lock you up) and I think it's crazy to go back and forth between editing source in WDSC, then compiling in green screen, (not even using "verify" to do a pre-compile check!) especially when there's an issue that, hopefully, is resolvable. What would cause this response issue? Thanks, Charlie Versfelt Thanks. P.S. We use Aldon, my co-worker has the Aldon plug-in but still compiles in green screen anyway. I don't have the plug-in yet, still need to have it installed. Of course, that has nothing to do with response time issues when doing a "verify," just thought I'd mention that. I know I'll need that plug in (and to learn how to use it) to fully use WDSC. P.P.S. In case you need to know regarding my PC (I don't know if my problem is on the PC or the AS/400) I'm on Windows 2000, Pentium 4, 1.60 GHz, 1,310,000 KB RAM)

Comment

Working...
    X