WDSC/RSE from home not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WDSC/RSE from home not working

While I use RSE at the office with few problems, when I take my laptop home and use it there, it is another story. Via VPN, I can get onto our iSeries just fine via IBM Client Access and can do SEU, etc. ok. However, when going into RSE, I have trouble opening a member and even more trouble saving a member back to the iSeries. I get error messages such as the following:

Message reported from file system: Operation timed out: connect:could be due to invalid address The RSE communications server requires the OS/400 host servers be started to function properly. One or more of the required host servers are not started which may cause unpredictable results....

I am not sure how to rectify this. Are there some settings I need to change when I am working from home vs. office? Do I need to create a new connection for when working from home?

Any advice?

WDSC/RSE from home not working

Is the IP address of your iSeries different through the VPN than it is at the office? If so, you need to change your RSE connection, or, create a new one.

Comment

Working...
    X