My company finally moving to WDSCI!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My company finally moving to WDSCI!!!

I think it is a good investment to buy this book "WDSC: Step by Step" by Joe Pluta. You can order this book from this same site. What is WDSCI? Srini

Try these tutorials http://www.modernrpgiv.com/ModernPro...6/Default.aspx

Comment

Keep in mind that "WDSC: Step by Step" by Joe Pluta focuses on web development.

Comment

Well, not entirely. What WDSC: Step by Step does is introduce ALL the components of WDSC, including the RPG editors. But it certainly does spend a lot of its time in things like JSP and CSS editing. The idea is to show all of the pieces necessary to build a web application with a JSP Model 2 front end and an RPG back end. If you want an in-depth tutorial on moving from PDM and SEU to WDSC, you can get my hands-on workbook WDSC for RPG Programmers from Rochester Initiative (www.lab400.com). It's a bit more expensive, but then again not as expensive as having me come on site and teach you . Joe

Comment

What is WDSCI? I didn't know when you asked, but I saw Joe spell it out in another thread. the i is "for iseries" (or "for system i" now) rd

Comment

Good morning, everyone! I started with a company about 6 mos ago that does not use WDSCI. Needless to say, I've missed it badly! lol They recently announced that they will be rolling it out next month. When I heard this I volunteered to help in any way possible. I've worked with the tool for about 4 years. They've asked me to help with a "quick start" guide and I know that I have seen some of these floating around the web already. If any of you know of a good one, or even a few to choose from, please let me know so I don't have to start from scratch, ok? Perhaps even a good tutorial??? Thanks! Chris

Comment

Yeah, there were a whole range of weird acronyms for the softwaer when it first came out. WDSc (little "c") was one variant, as were WDSCi and WDSci. Over the years, though, I think we've all come to settle on WDSC. Personally, I have a real problem with people who use mis-capitalization for emphasis. iSeries was bad enough; most word processors would get mad if you tried to use iSeries at the begging of a sentence. But System i is even worse; the lowe-case "i" gives all but the simplest editors fits, while searching on "Systenm i" can be nearly useless. While smarter search engines let you quote the phrase to make it easier, simpler ones see the two words "system" and "i", and you can guess just how many hits THAT will get you. Joe

Comment

Working...
              X