No announcement yet.

Weaving WebSphere: Welcome to the VIC!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weaving WebSphere: Welcome to the VIC!

** This thread discusses the article: Weaving WebSphere: Welcome to the VIC! **
    ** This thread discusses the Content article: Weaving WebSphere: Welcome to the VIC! **

This article illustrates why our company and so many other shops are migrating away from iSeries: Since Websphere was introduced on iSeries it's been bugs followed by major changes followed by more bugs. I tried so many times to get things to work and they just simply did not- and by the time the fixes came, oops! Another major change, full of bugs and issues again. On the other hand, I made Apache and Tomcat work like a charm on Windows. Too bad IBM, you blew it.

Comment

I have just discovered the WDSC update process. Click on help, get the updates, install the updates, restart WDSC, and repeat. This is because the update just installed now makes you eligible for more updates. So far I have gone through five iterations, and the end is not in sight. Dave

Comment

This certainly isn't the point I'm trying to make. Personally, I've found WASX to be extremely stable. While I had a lot of problems with the shift from WAS35 to WAS4 and what I consider to be a loss of flexibility in deference to conventions, WebSphere Version 5 has been nothing but stable for me and my cilents. Similarly, WDSC is an extraordinarily solid product, given it's remarkable power and breadth of functionality. Of course, it's built on top of Eclipse, and if the steering committee manages to keep that product moving in the right direction, you'll see only more good things from WDSC. No, I'm primarily disappointed with Portal, and not so much the product itself as the integration with WDSC. The fact that a couple of the releases don't work with each other is not cause for running amok in the streets, but I do want to immediately make it clear that "uninstall and reinstall" is NOT a valid option. Joe

Comment

Working...
        X