Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WDSC Basics, Volume 1, Number 3: Open Any Source Member Using the Open Member Dialog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WDSC Basics, Volume 1, Number 3: Open Any Source Member Using the Open Member Dialog

** This thread discusses the article: WDSC Basics, Volume 1, Number 3: Open Any Source Member Using the Open Member Dialog **
    ** This thread discusses the Content article: WDSC Basics, Volume 1, Number 3: Open Any Source Member Using the Open Member Dialog **

WDSC Basics, Volume 1, Number 3: Open Any Source Member Using the Open Member Dialog

** This thread discusses the article: WDSC Basics, Volume 1, Number 3: Open Any Source Member Using the Open Member Dialog **
    At times the popup didn't appear and I've had to bring up the remote systems view to open a source member. I've been unable to identify the conditions under which this happens. PS. Thanks for the tutorial. I just started using Open Member last week. It seems quicker & simpler than other methods.

Comment

I'm glad you enjoyed the tutorial, Ron. Because there are so many pieces to WDSC, sometimes the keystrokes get confused. The problem is "context"; that is, the meaning of the keystroke depends on which view has control at the time. The active view is typically the last one you clicked on, and it's tab is highlighted. In general views should "bubble up" keystrokes that they aren't using to allow other views in the Perspective to handle them, but sometimes that doesn't work. Sometimes WDSC requires a little gentle persuasion. I've almost always been able to get Ctrl-Shift-A to work by eitehr clicking on an open editor or on the Remote System Explorer and making one of those the active view. Let me know if you still have problems! Joe

Comment

yeah, I love that short cut. I learned about it in some webcast about 7 months ago. I also think Ctrl-M is great, finds the matching construct such as ENDIF for IF, ENDDO for DO, ENDFOR for FOR, vice versa, etc. Chris

Comment

Working...
        X