Warning: Undefined array key 125517 in phar:///home/duptmor/public_html/prod.mcpressonline.com/forum/core/vb/vb.phar/library/content.php on line 3534

Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in phar:///home/duptmor/public_html/prod.mcpressonline.com/forum/core/vb/vb.phar/library/content.php on line 3536

Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in phar:///home/duptmor/public_html/prod.mcpressonline.com/forum/core/vb/vb.phar/user.php on line 704

Warning: Undefined array key "online" in phar:///home/duptmor/public_html/prod.mcpressonline.com/forum/core/vb/vb.phar/library/content.php on line 3548

Warning: Undefined array key 125517 in phar:///home/duptmor/public_html/prod.mcpressonline.com/forum/core/vb/vb.phar/library/content.php on line 3534

Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in phar:///home/duptmor/public_html/prod.mcpressonline.com/forum/core/vb/vb.phar/library/content.php on line 3536

Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in phar:///home/duptmor/public_html/prod.mcpressonline.com/forum/core/vb/vb.phar/user.php on line 704

Warning: Undefined array key "online" in phar:///home/duptmor/public_html/prod.mcpressonline.com/forum/core/vb/vb.phar/library/content.php on line 3548

Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar:///home/duptmor/public_html/prod.mcpressonline.com/forum/core/vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 635

Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in phar:///home/duptmor/public_html/prod.mcpressonline.com/forum/core/vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 635

Warning: Undefined array key "reputationimg" in /home/duptmor/public_html/prod.mcpressonline.com/forum/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 72

Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/duptmor/public_html/prod.mcpressonline.com/forum/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 72

Warning: Undefined array key "reputationimg" in /home/duptmor/public_html/prod.mcpressonline.com/forum/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 77

Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/duptmor/public_html/prod.mcpressonline.com/forum/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 77

Warning: Undefined array key "reputationimg" in /home/duptmor/public_html/prod.mcpressonline.com/forum/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 72

Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/duptmor/public_html/prod.mcpressonline.com/forum/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 72

Warning: Undefined array key "reputationimg" in /home/duptmor/public_html/prod.mcpressonline.com/forum/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 77

Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/duptmor/public_html/prod.mcpressonline.com/forum/includes/vb5/template.php(404) : eval()'d code on line 77

Warning: Undefined array key "birthday_search" in phar:///home/duptmor/public_html/prod.mcpressonline.com/forum/core/vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 173

Warning: Undefined array key "joindate" in phar:///home/duptmor/public_html/prod.mcpressonline.com/forum/core/vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 190

Warning: Undefined array key "posts" in phar:///home/duptmor/public_html/prod.mcpressonline.com/forum/core/vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 191

Warning: Undefined array key "posts" in phar:///home/duptmor/public_html/prod.mcpressonline.com/forum/core/vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 197

Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar:///home/duptmor/public_html/prod.mcpressonline.com/forum/core/vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 6509

Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar:///home/duptmor/public_html/prod.mcpressonline.com/forum/core/vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 212

Warning: Undefined array key "privacy_options" in phar:///home/duptmor/public_html/prod.mcpressonline.com/forum/core/vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 251

Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar:///home/duptmor/public_html/prod.mcpressonline.com/forum/core/vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 4998

Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar:///home/duptmor/public_html/prod.mcpressonline.com/forum/core/vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 1585

Warning: Undefined array key "lastactivity" in phar:///home/duptmor/public_html/prod.mcpressonline.com/forum/core/vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 1601

Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar:///home/duptmor/public_html/prod.mcpressonline.com/forum/core/vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 6509

Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar:///home/duptmor/public_html/prod.mcpressonline.com/forum/core/vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 212

Warning: Undefined array key "privacy_options" in phar:///home/duptmor/public_html/prod.mcpressonline.com/forum/core/vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 251

Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar:///home/duptmor/public_html/prod.mcpressonline.com/forum/core/vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 4998

Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar:///home/duptmor/public_html/prod.mcpressonline.com/forum/core/vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 1585

Warning: Undefined array key "lastactivity" in phar:///home/duptmor/public_html/prod.mcpressonline.com/forum/core/vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 1601
Weaving WebSphere: Debugging iSeries HLLs in WDSc - MC Press Online Forums

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Weaving WebSphere: Debugging iSeries HLLs in WDSc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

** This thread discusses the article: Weaving WebSphere: Debugging iSeries HLLs in WDSc **
    Sorry I got lost for a little while, there, and didn't get a chance to respond. I was out of town for a little bit and then I was involved in one of those "we need it tomorrow" projects. No excuse, but there you have it. And since I was so derelict in my responsibilities, I come back with a focus to try and help you in whatever way I can. So, if you're still having problems, let me know and we'll get them worked out! Joe

Comment

** This thread discusses the article: Weaving WebSphere: Debugging iSeries HLLs in WDSc **
      Alison, I apologize to you as well. Hopefully you haven't entirely abandoned the forum because of my lack of alacrity in responding! Again, I apologize for being so derelict in my responsibilities, and I will do whatever I can do address your problems. In this particular case, the reason the problem occurs is because we're trying to stick a negative number into an unsigned field (type "U"). Unsigned numbers can only handle non-negative value, from zero on up. To fix the problem, change the Result field from unsigned ("5u 0") to signed ("5i 0"). You'll have to change the prototype as well as the field itself. Joe

Comment

Joe, I tried following you example, but on one of my own programs. It is an interactive program. Of course, running it in batch didn't work, so I chose the Debug As > iSeries Interactive Application. This fired off all kinds of dialog. First it asked me to return to the RSE and make sure I had the RSE Communications Daemon running. Of course, to go anywhere, I had to kill the dialog box that had all the instructions it! It was already running, so I returned and caused the error again to get to "step 2". Step 2 is to start up a 5250 session and run the STRRSESVR command. Once I did this, the green screen transitioned to a new screen saying it was now connected with the RSE server and gave me a message that my program had been called and the call command completed (!). I returned to WDSC but couldn't figure out what went wrong or how to even call the program again. When I clicked on relaunch, it said it couldn't, the job was already in the debug mode. The breakpoint I had set was after the program writes a dialog screen asking for user input. How does the WDSC debugger handle this? Where is this screen shown?

Comment

Joe, Have you had the opportunity to consider what may be amiss in my situation? Thanks!

Comment

What version of WDSC do you have? Joe

Comment

Joe, I don't use WDSC to debug interactive programs. Since the majority of my interactive programs call servers of one kind or another, all of my debugging is in batch, so I haven't used this feature for a while. IIRC, the 5250 session that you run the STRRSESVR command on is supposed to be the one that executes the interactive job. Maybe somebody else has done this more recently? If not, I'll try to give it a shot in my copious free time . Also, the standard quetion: what version of WDSC are you using? Joe

Comment

Hi Joe. I am on WDSCi 5.1.2 (hoping to go up to 6.0 soon!)

Comment

Version: 5.1.2.5 Build id: 20050622_0933

Comment

Working...
                  X