Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Weaving WebSphere: WebSphere and .NET, and What's a Longhorn, Anyway?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

** This thread discusses the article: Weaving WebSphere: WebSphere and .NET, and What's a Longhorn, Anyway? **
    Unusually insightful even by the high standards of your prior work, Joe. I think it's difficult to give real insight to such large issues, and you give real insight to these issues. Like Don said, looking forward to more. rd

Comment

** This thread discusses the article: Weaving WebSphere: WebSphere and .NET, and What's a Longhorn, Anyway? **
      I think it's difficult to give real insight to such large issues, You're right, these issues are large and difficult. And if you're like me, someone who just wants to write the darned code, then many of these issues seem political and the participants fanatical. What I'm trying to do is consistently take these arguments that have grown to mythic proportions and try to bring each one back to the basics of business goals and common sense. For example, if I can call API A or API B to do my work, and API B calls API A and passes it the same parameters I would, then API A is faster than API B. No ifs, ands, buts or magic pixie dust is going to change that. And if most of my code is written in RPG and most of my programmers write in RPG, then moving to Windows is a bad business decision. (Here's the real rub: this is probably still true even if there are more Windows customers out there, because chances are there are already Windows shops with seasoned Windows programmers who have already tackled that niche, and if not there will be soon.) Joe

Comment

Working...
      X