Weaving WebSphere: RPG in WDSC6 and Beyond

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

** This thread discusses the article: Weaving WebSphere: RPG in WDSC6 and Beyond **
    A new redpaper has just been drafted which relates to the use of Java working together with RPG. Here is the link to the redpaper: http://www.redbooks.ibm.com/redpiece.../redp4046.html?

Comment

** This thread discusses the article: Weaving WebSphere: RPG in WDSC6 and Beyond **
      Actually, this is a feature paper done in conjunction with Databorough Limited on their X-Analysis product, which is an analysis and conversion tool. I'm not saying anything bad about X-Analysis, but please don't hijack threads. In the words of Stephanie from Full House: "How Rude!". Joe

Comment

This is a bit picayune, but the meaning of RPG was never to be a "Report Generator", but rather a "Program Generator". This initial use of RPG I, on the 360 (Not the S/36....I said 360 and I meant it) was to provide output from input. The cards that were fed in were far less verbose than any other language of the time, and generated a program object that would produce the results. In these days that was usually a report, so a "Report Program" was generated from the code, and it was the report program that in turn generated the report. Dave

Comment

Working...
        X