• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WDSC 7.0 Arrives

** This thread discusses the article: WDSC 7.0 Arrives **
    ** This thread discusses the Content article: WDSC 7.0 Arrives **

WDSC 7.0 Arrives

I think your assertion that SEU/PDM/SDA were deprecated is incorrect. These tools are considered dead which means they will not be enhanced with new features but will be maintained to keep up with syntax and other language changes. CODE Editor and Designer though are deprecated which means that they will not be enhanced or maintained.

Comment

WDSC 7.0 Arrives

"but perhaps it's something IBM can fix in a Service Pack or PTF at some point." This has been a problem since CODE and it is still an issue. It is also usual that there is not a time-out control on a task: if you are trying to export a project (RPG, CL programs) to the server and something fails in the middle, WDSC will keep waiting for ever instead of taking control and send a message of “Task not completed within proper time”, I do not know if 5 minutes if proper time but I know that 30 minutes is not. This is true for version 6, I would like to know that it is not for version 7. Anyway, a wonderful job has been done to the tool, and I know it will continue.

Comment

Working...
      X