Weaving WebSphere: AIRPort Now Arriving

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

** This thread discusses the article: Weaving WebSphere: AIRPort Now Arriving **
    You're not getting off that easy! You implied that JD "horribly misused" it. If that's not "dissing"... There's a punk-rock version? I can barely imagine it. Hmmm, you're the first I've heard mention a "foreshadowing" link. Interesting to think about. ANYWAY, I *really* did enjoy the article, and I was left hanging for more. I downloaded the .ear file and have no idea what to do with it. Probably a really dumb question but, do I need Websphere loaded to use it? Thanks!

Comment

** This thread discusses the article: Weaving WebSphere: AIRPort Now Arriving **
      I'm always thankful for your articles. I enjoy the technical content and your writing style. It's not only informative, but enjoyable to read. Thanks also for your work on AIRPort. I'm looking forward to seeing more on it. We've yet to implement anything web-based on the AS/400 (oops, iSeri...., uh - make that System i). I think we'll try it out with the test environment on WDSC. I'm believing it will spark greater interest in using the box for more applications. It seems many in our organization view the box as 'old, limited, and green-screen only' even tho they admit it is rock-solid.

Comment

Thanks, Quigs. Keep your eyes peeled over the next couple of weeks. I plan to first release a version that relies on an iSeries library to create a very simple inquiry application (probably something like the customer inquiry application I have in the current example). Then I have to decide on which things to work on: 1. Some sample RPG server programs with a little more logic 2. More examples using other web architectures 3. Some examples using non-iSeries data 4. More "portal-like" capabilities such as moving planes around There's a lot left to do! It also depends on who else wants to contribute time. But hey, that's what SourceForge is all about! Joe

Comment

Working...
        X