mrc Offers Users a Crash Course in Modernization

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mrc Offers Users a Crash Course in Modernization

** This thread discusses the article: mrc Offers Users a Crash Course in Modernization **
    ** This thread discusses the Content article: mrc Offers Users a Crash Course in Modernization0

** This thread discusses the article: mrc Offers Users a Crash Course in Modernization **
    Thanks for the kind words John, but my role was just noticing, then extracting the ideas from mrc's well-written white paper. I'm sure readers will appreciate your tip, as I do, about Michael Feathers' book, "Working Effectively with Legacy Code." The reviewers on Amazon seem to agree with you, with one (J.J. Langr) saying: "'Working Effectively With Legacy Code' contains a catalog that provides a wealth of solutions. The catalog shows how to resolve concerns like, 'I'm changing the same code all over the place' and 'how do I safely change procedural code?' The book is highly entertaining and comes across as a conversation with a really sharp, really patient guru developer. Often, it's a chore to slog through code-heavy books. But Feathers manages to keep my attention with interesting stories, loads of examples, and well-written text."

Any other titles on this topic that people would recommend?

Comment

Working...
    X