default workspace

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• default workspace

This is one of those cool little details about WDSC that are hard to find. In fact, you'll only find it in my upcoming book, WDSC: Step by Step . Here's an excerpt: ---------- Note: If you do not get the above dialog, that means you've already started WDSC at some point in the past and checked the box "Use this workspace as the default…". Because of this, WDSC will not show the workspace prompt again. In order to re-enable this prompt, you must change the Windows Registry. This is not a simple process, nor is it recommended for those who are not Windows experts. However, without this change, it is difficult to use different workspaces, which I believe is a key to using WDSC. So, I highly recommend that you get the key changed; either do it yourself or have someone knowledgeable in Windows help you out. This is the key to change: HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareIBMWebsphere StudioWorkspace. In that key, you should see several values. One will be named wdsc510_status or wdscadv510_status, depending on whether you have WDSC Standard Edition or WDSC Advanced Edition installed. The data for this key will be Disable. If you change this value to Enable, the next time you start WDSC, you will see the prompt. ---------- Joe

default workspace

I have accidentally checked the box that displays the window that allows me to change the default workspace location. I now have no clue as to how this can be changed now. I can create new projects in new folders and locations but can't change the default location. Any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

Working...
    X