ODBC Connection/ Client Access/Link Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Before our system upgrade to V5R1, I had an Access table with a link to a table on the iSeries--all worked well. Since the upgrade, my link does not work, fortunately one user has not upgraded his Client Access so we can transfer our data. The error I am receiving is: "The Microsoft Jet database engine could not find the object 'MMALIB.BSSWHYP'. Make sure the object exists and that you spell its name and the path name correctly." Well, the object does exist, and the name is correct; I've tried recreating the link and cannot get past this error. Along with this problem, I am also trying to create a mail merge document in MSWORD that would also use an ODBC connection, then I am getting an error about a "DDE connection could not be re-established"..... I'm just not sure if both of these problems are related to the system upgrade. I am using OFFICE 2000, WINDOWS 2000, and CLIENT ACCESS V5R1. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Diane

Comment

AnnN We upgraded OS/400 to 5.2 and then upgraded the clients. Diane

Comment

Any Solutions

Diane,
        I was wondering if you ever find a solution for your issue with the ODBC. I am experiencing the same issue.
        I created and System DSN all was working well and all of the sudden whenever I try to link to my main library it tells me to make sure that the name and path are correct.
        Something else I have tried: I created a new library and copied some files to the library. I can link to those no problem, even with the same DSN connection. I am not sure why my main library is the one having the issue.

Comment

Working...
        X