Emailing to a Blackberry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Emailing to a Blackberry

convert the spooled file to a pdf file and email that.

Emailing to a Blackberry

I posted this question on the printing forum but I don't think it gets the traffic that this forum does. We want to email reports to a Blackberry, which in itself is not the problem. The problem is taking an 80 or 132 column report and then reading it on a blackberry. It is my understanding that a spreadsheet can be opened on a blackberry and through some machinations you can scroll left and right as well as up and down. Blackberry itself doesn't seem to want to speak with us about this and the only response we get is "You can open a PDF with it". The question is, is there a way to send the report (132 column) to the Blackberry and make it look at it like a spreadsheet??? TIA Bill Barnes

Comment

Emailing to a Blackberry

Unfortunately that does not do the trick. Yes, it does open in the Blackberry, but the text wraps. Try reading a 132 column report or even an 80 column report where the text, including headings wraps so that each line of text in the report takes 3 lines on the Blackberry, and that is for an 80 column report. The 132 column report is 5 BB lines for each report line. Another question I have is how to stop the BB from using a proportional font on the attachment?

Comment

Working...
      X