capturing spool file information at creation time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• capturing spool file information at creation time

After the file is created, and before the file is printed, it should be possible to use the DSPFD with the OUTFILE parameter specified to capture all of the relevant info. Dave

Ismilemyth wrote: > Is it possible to capture spool file information at the time a > program is creating that spool file? I've written a program that > splits a spool file into multiple spool files based on a user defined > break index. As the program writes each individual spool file, I need > to capture identifying information about the spool file (Userdata, > file number, job, user, number, etc.). If you are wanting to access this information inside of your program you'll want to access the INFDS. This contains information about the files used in your program. For example: the Spool File Name begins in position 103, Library in 113, Number in 123. Bill

Comment

Is it possible to capture spool file information at the time a program is creating that spool file? I've written a program that splits a spool file into multiple spool files based on a user defined break index. As the program writes each individual spool file, I need to capture identifying information about the spool file (Userdata, file number, job, user, number, etc.). Thanks for any help.

Comment

if you use the INFDS data structure, you can capture the information as the spool file is being written. did this for a client once, to keep track of A/P checks as they were written. they used the data to track a user who was printing a bogus check now and then..... -scatterload

Comment

Working...
        X