CPYSPLF Limitation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CPYSPLF Limitation?

I don't know of any size limitation like that. And 551 pages is nothing as far as size goes. Are you absolutely sure you are missing the last 6 pages and that it's not just that you're overlooking something? Possibly the pages you think should be there are actually on a different report or something like that? Try copying it directly without the CL and see if that works. Using the CL it's possible that you are getting a different spooled file than you think you are.

CPYSPLF Limitation?

No, it's definitely the correct spool file. I just cleared the physical file and tried running the command interactively, and I get the same result. It copies 20476 records which leaves off 6 lines of detail. As a test I also ran the cpysplf over two other spooled files (one being significantly larger and one being only a few pages) and lost no data. So, I think you're right that size doesn't matter, but I'm still stumped. As a note, the missing lines don't contain any sort of graphic characters or barcoding or anything of the sort.

Comment

CPYSPLF Limitation?

Out of frustration, I deleted the spool file, and re-ran the program that created it. I tried the cpysplf again, and this time it worked. Maybe, there was some sort of corruption with the spool file? Anyway, things seem to be working okay. Thanks for your response.

Comment

CPYSPLF Limitation?

I'm copying a spool file into a database file using the CPYSPLF command in a CL program. The command runs with no errors in the joblog. When I look at the file though, it's as if the last six lines from the spool file aren't being copied. Is there some sort of a size limitation on cpysplf that would cause this? The spool file I'm copying over is 551 pages long, which I would think would be well within any kind of space limitations. Here is the command along with the IF statement it's embedded in... IF COND(&RPTNAM = &SPLFIL) THEN(CPYSPLF + FILE(&RPTNAM) + TOFILE(PGMRTOOLS/ESTATEMENT) + JOB(&JOBNBR/&USRNAM/&JOBNAM) MBROPT(*ADD) + CTLCHAR(*PRTCTL))

Comment

CPYSPLF Limitation?

The spool file may still have been open when you copied it. Try to do a RCLRSC when you exit the printing program. You can see the same happening if you display a spool file with OPN status - the last lines/page(s) doesn't show up until it is closed. Regards Jørn

Comment

Working...
          X