Printing large fonts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Printing large fonts

Have you tried using GDDM fonts. These are available on every AS400. You could also try using font id 5707 with a point size of 24 in your DDS code. Dave

Printing large fonts

Does it take a certain type of printer for this? These Tally printers are capable of graphics because we have one hooked to a pc.

Comment

Printing large fonts

It does not take a special printer to use numbered fonts. The descriptions and font substitutions may be found in the appendix to the CL Manuals. Dave

Comment

Printing large fonts

I am using the following DDS for my PRTF. According to that, it should print my terms code and term description on the same line with two different sizes of Times new Roman font. Instead it prints it 10cpi. I am currently testing this on an IBM 6412 printer emulating a 4234. The device description for the printer says the device type is 4234. Any other ideas?
        Code

Comment

Printing large fonts

Try the example below. Make sure QGDDM is a part of your library list. Dave
          Code

Comment

Printing large fonts

Used your example and got the same thing. Plain old 10cpi print.

Comment

Printing large fonts

Try compiling with DEVTYPE(*AFPDS) specified. Dave

Comment

Printing large fonts

OK, now I release the spool file and it puts it on hold immediately. On the operator messages is CPI3379 stating the following: Recovery . . . : File TESTRPTP can only be produced on a printer supported by advanced function printing (AFP). If device PRT01 can be started with the AFP specified as *YES, stop the writer, change the device description for the printer (CHGDEVPRT command) by specifying the AFP parameter as *YES, and start the writer again. I use the CHGDEVPRT command and it doesnt show me the AFP option.

Comment

Printing large fonts

I am sure this is old technology to some, but we have a need to print a picking label and have the stop number be a large font so the drivers can see it better. The printer we are using does not have Code-V or VGL installed on it. Its just a basic Tally printer hooked up to a dumb terminal by parallel cable. The terminal calls the printer a 5225 device type but that can be changed. I'm not trying to do anything extravagant, just make the stop number large and the rest of the label in 10 cpi. Any suggestions?

Comment

Printing large fonts

You would have to delete the device and recreate it. Evidently the config of this printer is not suitable for your purposes, or your config of printer emulation cannot cut it. You may want to try flipping the host print transform parameter, or specify a PDT, or something. Other than that, you may have to decide that the printer is not going to do the job for you. Dave

Comment

Working...
                    X