External DS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• External DS

Sri400 wrote: Data is not getting in to the EDS due to subfield names mismatch.. You may have to resort to individual MOVE and Z-ADD opcodes. Dave

External DS

I need external DS for 3 files, FILE1, FILE2 & FILE3. 1) FILE3 already has other DS defined.(with subfields as file fields itself) 2) FILE1 & FILE2 already has an external DS on a JOIN LOGICAL. Now I need 3 separate external DS for FILE1, FILE2 & FILE3. (a) I tried overlaying using pointers. I defined the DS based on the %ADDR of the first file field & the length as LIKEREC. But the values are not stored continuosly in memory. Brings up junk in between. (b) Tried Prefixing the DS definitions. Data is not getting in to the EDS due to subfield names mismatch.. Is there any work around for this?

Comment

External DS

David, Say, FILE1 has 10 fields. I defined a DS whose begining address is based on the %Addr of the first file field. And the length to be the length of the record. (Used LIKEREC for this) But in memory, the storage is not continuos. If I remember correctly, system not necessarily should put all the fields together in memory in order. So I am getting JUNK values in between. Funny! But temporariy, I solved this by creating a new program (free of EDS definition issues). I could have used individual field moves. But our company worries more about maintainability & standards.

Comment

Working...
      X