Sort Array in RPG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sort Array in RPG

The answer is yes and quite easy. Read this from Jon Paris and Susan Gartner. http://168.215.71.17/ME2/Audiences/d...A9843497F7FDB7

Sort Array in RPG

Have you tried the SORTA opcode? Dave

Comment

Sort Array in RPG

sanjivtannu1 wrote: > > In my RPG program I am creating 2 array, one with Code value (4 char) and another corresponding array with counts/totals for these Codes. > > I use lookup & add to elements of these arrays. With this the Code values are NOT in sorted order. > > Is there a way I can have these Codes sorted, and there corresponding array element move likewise ? > Define the arrays like this: D DS D info dim(100) D codes 4A overlay(info:*next) D counts 7P 3 overlay(info:*next) Now, codes and counts are both arrays. Since they both overlay the "info" array, if you sort one of them (say codes) it will cause the other array (counts) to also get sorted the same. * sort codes and counts by the order of codes c sorta codes * sort codes and counts by the order of counts c sorta counts

Comment

Sort Array in RPG

Friends, Please help me in this. In my RPG program I am creating 2 array, one with Code value (4 char) and another corresponding array with counts/totals for these Codes. I use lookup & add to elements of these arrays. With this the Code values are NOT in sorted order. Is there a way I can have these Codes sorted, and there corresponding array element move likewise ? Thanks,

Comment

Sort Array in RPG

Thanks,

Comment

Working...
          X