DDM file...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DDM file...

Make sure that QUSER has authority. I know this sounds odd. but it will work. Dave

DDM file...

Dave, I added QUSER to the list of authorized users with *ALL authority... but, that didn't end up working out...I still get the same error in the job log... Shane

Comment

DDM file...

I'm sure this is not the real way to do it but there are only a few people here using the 400 so I'm not overly concerned. I change the "password required" parameter to *NO on the Change DDM TCP/IP Attributes command: CHGDDMTCPA PWDRQD(*NO) Tom D.

Comment

DDM file...

Tom, When I did that command, it came up with the PWDRQD(*NO) as the default... tried it anyways and still get the same error... Shane

Comment

DDM file...

Explicitly give QUSER access to the objects on both systems. Dave

Comment

DDM file...

Dave, Sorry, no luck there either... Shane

Comment

DDM file...

When you ran the CHGDDMTCPA PWDRQD(*NO) did you run that on the target system?

Comment

DDM file...

Nope, I didn't do that one...it worked...wow...thanks a lot... Shane

Comment

DDM file...

These are the steps I used to configure DDM over TCP. Target System: STRTCPSVR SERVER(*DDM) (if not already started) CHGDDMTCPA AUTOSTART(*YES) PWDRQD(*YES) Source System: CHGSYSVAL SYSVAL(QRETSVRSEC) VALUE('1') ADDSVRAUTE USRPRF(usrprf) SERVER('QDDMSERVER') USRID(user) PASSWORD(pwd) RMVSVRAUTE USRPRF(usrprf) SERVER('QDDMSERVER') -When done. Thanks Dave

Comment

DDM file...

Hey all, I'm pretty new at using DDM files and my boss wants me to set one up...On the one production box, I'm trying to create a DDM file of a file on the other prod box... I know this isn't really recommended, but I'm just testing stuff out and am trying to get familiar with creating them... Here's the command that I execute in order to create a DDM file... CRTDDMF FILE(ASCLIB/SAPHRS) RMTFILE(CKBLIB/SAPHRS) RMTLOCNAME('XX.XX.XX.XXX' *IP)...where Xs are my other box's IP address... When I do a DSPPFM ASCLIB/SAPHRS on the created DDM file, I get the following errors in the job log: Message ID . . . . . . : CPF9190 Severity . . . . . . . : 40 Message type . . . . . : Diagnostic Date sent . . . . . . : 05/13/05 Time sent . . . . . . : 08:10:45 Message . . . . : Authorization failure on DDM TCP/IP connection attempt. Cause . . . . . : A connection attempt failed with reason code 17. 17 -- The security mechanism requested by the client is not supported or allowed at the server. I am logged on to both boxes as QSECOFR...Do I have to do something special to 2 of my 400s to set them up to be able to utilize DDM files?... Shane

Comment

Working...
                    X