FTP - first record distorted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FTP - first record distorted

Byron, Just for kicks have you tried PUTting the file from the SQL Server? Have you verified that the source file is correct? Bill

Bill, I have retrieved it with FileZilla and opened it with Notepad. It is clean. The first and every record reads clean. Only the iSeries FTP has a problem with the first record. We need to get the file from the 400 to begin processing. Thanks, Byron

Comment

I am using FTP to retrive a file from another server. It is a flat text file built from an MS Sequel server database. The first record begins with three special characters (). All the following records are correct. the FTP commands are as follow: ascii get TUFGIFTS.TXT qtemp/GFTUFTR.GFTUFTR (replace I have tried binary, but it really messes up the data. Data: 000001 744000000 072NEWE 000001744 000000072 NEWELL 000001744 000000072 NEWELL Do you have any suggestions? Thanks, Byron

Comment

Byron, If you do not already have an IFS folder called /home/username (where username is your system user profile) the create one with MKDIR '/home/username' or use one that already exists. Share that IFS folder using iSeries Navigator (log on to server, find and expand "File Systems", expand "Integrated File System", locate the folder you will work with under /root. If the sharing decorator icon is not showing (its the hand holding the folder) then right click the folder to share. Once you have that shared, you can open up the folder in windows by keying in on the windows command line "\iseriesnamefolder". Copy the file to that folder using windows. On the iSeries, use WRKLNK '/folder/path/*' to the folder you copied the file. You should see it as type STMF. You can then use DSPF or option 5 to view the STMF. Once in the view mode, press F10 to see it in hex mode. This should tell you if it has characters at the beginning that other windows tools are not showing you. You can then use CPYFRMSTMF or CPYFRMIMPF to get the data to a database file. Thanks, Matt

Comment

Working...
        X