X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Secure FTP

Is port 990 is open on the remote side? Dave

Secure FTP

Yes the port is open. I can ftp to the server from my pc using Ipswitch software but I wanted to use the Iseries to ftp directly from it.

Comment

Secure FTP

For your SECCNN parm...If the server is configured to expect SSL/TLS negotiation on port 990 (sounds like it is.)the client skips having to send the AUTH subcommand. The server behaves as if the AUTH SSL, PBSZ 0, PROT P and e subcommands were sent from the client. Then again, you can try just starting ftp and using the SECOpen subcommand. Good Luck.

Comment

Secure FTP

Have you gone through the DCM drill of setting up the FTP client for secure FTP? Search for IBM's document 386927306. I had the same problem and that worked for me. (I trusted all the default certificates that were supplied with the i5/OS software.)

Comment

Secure FTP

I need to use ssl to ftp to a server on our internal network which will only allow 128 bit ssl or ssh connections. Whenever i issue the command .. STRTCPFTP RMTSYS('10.1.5.15') PORT(*SECURE) SECCNN(*SSL) the screen returns with the message that it is connecting to the remote server 10.1.5.15 using port 990, but it just hangs there forver. It is not using any processor time and there is nothing in the logs to say it is trying to do anything. I have to cancel the job. I have checked that we do not have any port restrictions, so this one is a mystery. If i use the normal ftp going out on port 21 - it makes the connection to the server but as I explaned earlier it denies me acces when I try to log on telling me that it is not asecure connection. I am running V5R4 on a 520. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Comment

Secure FTP

I had to go through setting up the FTP client to use DCM

Comment

Working...
            X