IFS FILE IN USE PROBLEM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IFS FILE IN USE PROBLEM

I haven't done anything with data links myself, but I know that you can define a column in database table as being a url link to a file on your IFS. It can be configured in such a way that the system prevents anyone from deleting the IFS file if its being referenced by a record in the table.

IFS FILE IN USE PROBLEM

Phillip - I had this problem recently with a document in a folder which was being accessed frequently in a short period of time. When we moved the file to the IFS (where CSVs *really should* be) rather than in a folder, the problem was solved. You should consider suspending any use of folders/documents in the future and use the IFS directories instead. HTH, Steve

Comment

IFS FILE IN USE PROBLEM

Hi, if the delete cannot be done using a mapped network drive, this could be the known problem which occurs after installing a certain Microsoft patch which is described here: http://www-912.ibm.com/n_dir/nas4apa...2?OpenDocument Regards, Klaus

Comment

IFS FILE IN USE PROBLEM

I use "RMVLNK OBJLNK('/myfolder/myfile.ext')" to remove or delete files on the IFS. Hope this helps. Ernesto.

Comment

IFS FILE IN USE PROBLEM

Try the Release IFS lock command RLSIFSLCK. Ignore the RMTLOCNAME parameter and enter the /folder path/file name for the OBJ parameter.

Comment

IFS FILE IN USE PROBLEM

Does anyone know how to Read the document names from a folder using a CL or Rpg Program without having to specify the document names themself. I tryed to use wrklnk & wrkflr but you have to specify the Document name. Any Hlep Will be greatly apreciated. Thanks ! Jackl@abcfws.com Text

Comment

IFS FILE IN USE PROBLEM

If you can live with a Flat File use Qshell and pipe the directory listing to a Physical File in the Library File system. The Physical File must exist before you issue the command for the directory listing. I've included an example below. This link: http://www.computerhope.com/unix/uls.htm shows usage of the ls command if you're not familiar with it. A sample of the results are also included. The first line isn't part of the file but was included so that you can see the actual position of the information. I don't know what all the columns mean but here are the ones that I do now: Col 1 position 1: d for directory, otherwise it's a file. Col 1 remainder: Unix style authorities Col 2: ?? Col 3: Owner Col 4: ?? Col 5: Size Col 6: Month abbreviation Col 7: Day of Month Col 8: If current year it's the time, otherwise Year Col 9: File or Directory Name Month, Day and Year columns are either create or modify dates/times.
              Code

Comment

IFS FILE IN USE PROBLEM

If you can live with a Flat File use Qshell and pipe the directory listing to a Physical File in the Library File system. The Physical File must exist before you issue the command for the directory listing. I've included an example below. This link: http://www.computerhope.com/unix/uls.htm shows usage of the ls command if you're not familiar with it. A sample of the results are also included. The first line isn't part of the file but was included so that you can see the actual position of the information. I don't know what all the columns mean but here are the ones that I do now: Col 1 position 1: d for directory, otherwise it's a file. Col 1 remainder: Unix style authorities Col 2: ?? Col 3: Owner Col 4: ?? Col 5: Size Col 6: Month abbreviation Col 7: Day of Month Col 8: If current year it's the time, otherwise Year Col 9: File or Directory Name Month, Day and Year columns are either create or modify dates/times.
                Code

Comment

IFS FILE IN USE PROBLEM

Here's a simple RPG sample. The program takes one parameter (limit 30 bytes) which is the path to read through and then displays the the first 45 bytes of the document and folder names that are within the specified path. So if the *PGM is called DIR you would CALL DIR '/QDLS/QBKBOOKS/UNITABLE' if you wanted a list of the contents in /QDLS/QBKBOOKS/UNITABLE. Bruce Vining
                  Code

Comment

IFS FILE IN USE PROBLEM

I have a file in the IFS that I want to delete but I can't because I keep getting an Object in use message even though I know that no one is using it. I've tried to delete it from WRKFLR, WRKLNK, Windows, and Iseries Navigator. I've also tried the RCLDLO command (see below). Anyone have any ideas on what to do ? RCLDLO DLO(*FLR) FLR('INFOWP/IFMUP') Document SAMSWM.CSV in use in folder INFOWP/IFMUP. Reclaim of IFMUP partially successful.

Comment

IFS FILE IN USE PROBLEM

You can see who or what is locking a DLO (an object in the /QDLS file system) in two steps: 1. DSPDLONAM DLO(SAMSWM.CSV) FLR('INFOWP/IFMUP') OBJCLS(*DOC) The resulting display will have a System Object Name, like SLCH261066. 2. WRKOBJLCK OBJ(QDOC/SLCH261066) OBJTYPE(*DOC) I combined these in a CL program/command WRKDLOLCK.

Comment

Working...
                      X