X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• David Abramowitz
    replied
    CPYFRMIMPF putting quotation mark (") in last character of all records

There is a fix for this. It involves changing an IBM-supplied data area. I do not have the details handy, but they are available on IBM's web site. Dave

Leave a comment:

• CPYFRMIMPF putting quotation mark (") in last character of all records

Has anybody come across this problem after upgrading to V5R3? Our CPYFRMIMPF used to work in V5R2. Now it's placing quotation marks (") in the last field of the To File which is an externally defined file. The last field is defined as 1 char. All fields in the file are CCSID 37. The CPYFRMIMPF copies a csv file from a folder in the root of the ifs to the externally defined file. The CSV file and the externally defined file are defined with the same columns/fields (the fields in the externally defined file match with the columns of the csv file). This used to work in v5r2, and nothing changed since the upgrade. Our cpyfrmimpf command looks like: CPYFRMIMPF FROMSTMF(/TheFolder/TheFile.CSV) TOFILE(lib/file) RCDDLM(*CRLF) RPLNULLVAL(*FLDDFT) I tried playing with the RCDDLM parameter, but none of the possible RCDDLM values worked. I googled CPYFRMIMPF and V5R3 and got lots of references to V5R3 changes to CPYFRMIMPF but none of the links helped me. I finally got it to work by adding a "dummy" column to the end of the CSV file before doing the CPYFRMIMPF, but is there any other solution? Thank you.
Working...
X