CPYTOIMPF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CPYTOIMPF

I have found that CPYTOIMPF leaves alot to be desired when it comes to comblicated things. (like getting rid of trailing blanks in CSV files). What I do is use RPG to create a "flat file" the way I want it and use CPYTOIMPF on the "flat file".

CPYTOIMPF

Bill thanks for the reply. I have thought of that but there are just too many files that have to be ported over. We are looking at using a SAVF and doing some sort of migration.

Comment

CPYTOIMPF

I take it they all don't have the same format. If they did you could use and OVRDBF to change the file name a CL before the RPG pgm. I don't know how you would automate it easily but does Client Access Data Transfer function work OK with these files? Client Access Data Transfer can save files as a CSV.

Comment

CPYTOIMPF

Kevin, I've written a utility to create a tab delimited file from an externally described physical file. So far, it handles date fields, packed, and binary just fine. Would this utility work for you? You could also modify it to use the delimitter of your choice. Drop me a note at BBardini@Bachrach.com Bruce

Comment

CPYTOIMPF

I need to convert multiple files (over 1000) from the 400 to a NT server and to run under the Baby 400 software. The file has signed numeric data and even three fields that are defined as P 1.0 yes packed 1.0. I don't know why. After I run the CPYTOIMPF it left justifies all the signed numeric fields, is there a way to stop this. It also takes the field that is P 1.0 and makes it three bytes and if there is a value in it (such as x'1F' = 1) it makes is a Zero. The first two bytes are defined as S2.0 and has data of 01 but after the converstion it is 1 so it would be nice if it did not left justify the data. Any help is appreciated. Thanks Kevin

Comment

Working...
          X