Changing source library and file in object

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing source library and file in object

Just out of curiosity, why would you do that? Or are you trying to find out if it was compiled with a different source and the values changed to cover it up?

I think you can do what you want via the QLICOBJD api. See http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/iserie...s/qlicobjd.htm Tom D.

Comment

We have a utility that uses this information to know where to restore an object to. In a few cases the object being restored has no source library or file name. I was wanting to check for these objects and insert a library name in them.

Comment

Thanks, Tom. I believe this API will do the job.

Comment

Beware that with RPG IV programme objects DSPOBJD does not show source file information. It is found at the module level with DSPPGM. If you are dealing with RPG IV objects you may change the object with that API, but the next compile will remove that piece of info. Regards, Carel Teijgeler

Comment

Using DSPOBJD you can find the source library and source file name used to create the object. Does anyone know of a way to change this value short of recreating the object using different source? Is there an API that will allow this value to be changed? Thanks for any help you can provide.

Comment

Thanks for the heads up.

Comment

Working...
              X