X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Retrieve System Name from a CL Program

Try the RTVNETA command.

Retrieve System Name from a CL Program

You may find yourself dealing with the "chicken and egg" conundrum here. The RTVNETA command will allow you to retrieve the system name of the current system where the CL program is running. However, you say you want to use SNDNETSPLF -- usually, this means you want to send a spool file to another system ... it certainly cannot retrieve the name of that other system, since that is presumably NOT the machine where this CL program is running? Also note that the SNA (userID sysName) are each 8 characters in length, like mainframe userIDs -- so these are not necessarily the same as your OS/400 userIDs (since they can be up to 10 characters). Perhaps you might want to create a data area or similar to hold the SNA UserID and SysName to use, and let your CL program retrieve this "configuration" information from there?

Comment

I want to perform a SNDNETSPLF from a CL program. In order to do that, I need the user id and address (system name). I am trying not to hardcode the system name of the AS/4100. Does anyone know if there is a command that can execute from a CL program that retrieves the system name of AS/400?

Comment

You could also create a directory entry for the recipient and use DSPDIRE to retrieve the details to a temporary file

Comment

Working...
        X