X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help on QCMDEXC

Moved to RPG programming.

Help on QCMDEXC

I have an application that prints a letter based on a subfile selection. The letter-printing program calls QCMDEXC with a CL command in a file. I am passing a data structure which contains account number and an option. When I put the program in debug, all I see is gibberish for the values in the data structure after QCMDEXC is called. So I tried a test to call the program directly with the DS, and the values are there. What am I missing about QCMDEXC or is this possible? C NPKEY WHENEQ ENTER C SELRRN ANDNE 0 C SELRRN CHAIN DSP01 C *IN91 IFEQ *OFF C EVAL CMD = D1CBPGMNM C ENDIF C EVAL P1CBBLNK = D1CBOPT C******** CALLP QCMDEXC(CMD: %SIZE(D1CBPGMNM)) C CALL 'CB228TPICL' C PARM P1CBPARMDS This is the code that I commented out the call to QCMDEXC. Thanks for your help!

Comment

Help on QCMDEXC

CL variables are not initialized like RPG, and when you change the value it will only change the address locations you need. So the Gibberish you are seeing is what ever stored at that address location before you acquired it for your program.

Comment

Working...
      X