X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cwilliams@apswaco.com
    Guest replied
    using STRDBG & ADDTRC in 36 environment

Thanks, Barbara! Guess I didn't remember as well I as thought I had... works much better now.

Leave a comment:

• cwilliams@apswaco.com
    Guest replied

I used to use this trace function to show me what lines of code executed way back in the days before the interactive source debugger. Now I need to use it again on a S/36 program. I can STRDBG and add my max stmts and upd *YES; my execution of ADDTRC w/ stmt range APPEARS to be acceptable. However, after I exit the application pgm I want to trace, there is NOTHING on the DSPTRC report (either on screen or print). Can anyone help? I'm pretty sure I'm remembering correctly HOW to do this, but my previous use WAS in an entirely native environment. I have no history in the 36 world. Does this trace function not work as expected there? Thanks, in advance, for any assistance!

Leave a comment:

• B.Morris
    started a topic using STRDBG & ADDTRC in 36 environment

C Williams wrote: > > I used to use this trace function to show me what lines of code executed way back in the days before the interactive source debugger. Now I need to use it again on a S/36 program. I can STRDBG and add my max stmts and upd *YES; my execution of ADDTRC w/ stmt range APPEARS to be acceptable. However, after I exit the application pgm I want to trace, there is NOTHING on the DSPTRC report (either on screen or print). Can anyone help? I'm pretty sure I'm remembering correctly HOW to do this, but my previous use WAS in an entirely native environment. I have no history in the 36 world. Does this trace function not work as expected there? Thanks, in advance, for any assistance! Try DSPTRCDTA. It worked ok for me for an S/36 program.
Working...
X