Retrieve data from an Access database using RPGLE with embedded SQL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Retrieve data from an Access database using RPGLE with embedded SQL

What you intend to do is very difficult to do: Access is not DRDA compatible. Perhaps the purchase of some middleware can be a solution. Options are: RJS's RPG2SQL Integrator, iStudio400's iS/ODBC, IBM's Information Integrator, (there are others as well) You can Access export into an csv-file to the IFS and use CPYFRMIMPF. From Access you can connect to the AS400 with ODBC. Regards, Carel Teijgeler

Thanks Carel. I thought that might be the answer.

Comment

I am trying to retrieve data from a MS Acess database. I would like to be able to select specific records from a table and load them into a PF on my iseries to use in a 400 application written in RPG. This process needs to become an option that can be called from within the 400 application sending a parm to select specific records. What is the quickest/easiest way to acomplish this.

Comment

You might be interested in this solution. It's quite inexpensive and flexible enough to allow you to do pretty much whatever you want to with it, to manipulate PC Files and PC Applications from your iSeries. It's the iSeries PC-Engine by TurboGorilla and you can download a fully functional trial version of the software for free. http://www.turbogorilla-software.com

Comment

Working...
        X