Subfile NOT returning field values upon enter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Subfile NOT returning field values upon enter

Stupid, stupid, stupid... The chain to the subfile was commented out!!!! We had 3 programmers staring at the code for an hour and we never saw it. After I left for the day, 1 of the programmers could not let it go and 3 minutes later he found the commented out line....

You should consider using the WDSCi LPEX editor. It shows all comments as a different color... Just a thought. And didn't debug jump over that commented line? Chris

Comment

Chris, Debug DID jump over the line. Apparently we were brain dead at the time. Between the 3 of us we have 43 years RPG experience so forgive our old feeble eyes!! The youngster found it. I use a pink comment line for spacing. However the comment I use only has the pink for the C* the rest of the line is green. I keyed right into the commented line not paying attention.

Comment

This is a delete confirmation subfile. The field values contain the key to the records to be deleted from a DB file. We press then chain on the subfile records then chain to the DB file in order to delete. The chain to the subfile records works fine - only the field values are not returned so the chain to the DB file doen't occur. This is so straight forward it isn't funny!! We have gone as far as explicitly moving from DB fields to subfile fields when loading, clearing the subfile fields after each write to the subfile, user presses , then after chaining to subfile records moving those fields to key fields. The chain is succesful to the subfile records yet the subfile field values do not return. What is going on? In addition, we have tried hidden fields - no success. This is a simple output subfile. Thanks in Advance...

Comment

Working...
        X