X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guest.Visitor
    Guest replied
    How to copy RPG source from pc to AS/400

Another approach is to map a windows drive on your PC to a folder in the IFS. Drag the text file to the folder. Then use the CPYFRMPCD command to copy from the text file to a source member of your source file. Note also that you can create a folder with the WRKFLR command.

Leave a comment:

• Guest.Visitor
    Guest replied

I have RPG source code examples in .txt format that I want to copy to the AS/400. Can anyone help with the steps needed to transfer these files. I have been able to ftp a file but it shows as a PF and not in the source QRPGLESRC. Appreciate your assistance.

Leave a comment:

• borre.thoresen@c2i.net
    replied

Change .txt to .RPGLE and use Websphere/Rational to copy(d&d) Every RPGer should use it, it`s fabulous!! :-))

Leave a comment:

• Ed MItchell
    Guest replied

I use UltraEdit on the pc to put (ftp) the source code on the AS/400 as myproglib/qrpglesrc.progname If the progname doesn't already exist, I use the Change Text (Option 13) command to change the source type as needed. This works for qclsrc, qddssrc, etc., as well. This would work for a command line FTP also.

Leave a comment:

• ukpi1b
    replied

Have you tried FTP? In that case PC file should be in .doc format

Leave a comment:

• ismilemyth
    Guest replied

Hit the details button, and unselect the use use pc file description box. hth

Leave a comment:

• Guest.Visitor
    Guest replied

Attached is the errors. Thanks

err.doc

Leave a comment:

• ismilemyth
    Guest replied

What errors are you getting specifically? Can you attach a print screen. If I can see how you are setting up the data xfer I might be able to help.

Leave a comment:

• Guest.Visitor
    Guest replied

I have tried using the I-series access for windows "Send file to host option" but I get errors and not sure the exact steps involved.

Leave a comment:

• David Abramowitz
    started a topic How to copy RPG source from pc to AS/400

Use the File Transfer program that comes with client access. When you create a new file, it will automatically be a source physical file, as opposed to a data physical file. Dave
Working...
X