X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using Environment Variables in RPG

Why are you using Qp0zGetSysEnv and not getEnv? Jeff

Using Environment Variables in RPG

Because I want to access the system environment variables not the job environment variables.

Comment

I figured it out with the help of Bob Cozzi. I was passing a parameter incorrectly. I have pasted the correct code below.
      Code

Comment

cbougher wrote: > > I figured it out with the help of Bob Cozzi. I was passing a parameter incorrectly. I have pasted the correct code below. > I don't think you should use options(*string) on the second parameter. options(*string) should be used for input-only parameters, but the second parameter is an output parameter. Just having the VALUE keyword will make it work. Coding options(*string) won't cause you any problems, as long as you pass a pointer and not a character string. A problem would only occur if you did code a character string as a parameter, by accident, but better not to even allow the possibility of passing a character string. Also, I wouldn't code options(*string) on the last parameter. It's a reserved parameter, so you should make any assumptions about how it might be used. (According to the documentation, you can only pass *NULL anyway. Having the VALUE keyword is sufficient there too.)

Comment

I'm having trouble getting an api to work. This is the prototype I'm using (see code below) Is there anything wrong with this? I allocate enough space to the Value Ptr and when I call the proc passing in the key, the pointer, the number of bytes alloocated(1024), 0 and *null I get back a numm pointer, size has 11 CCSID has -1199.... and the return code is 0. TIA
          Code

Comment

Thanks for the tips!

Comment

Working...
            X