• Guest.Visitor
    Guest replied
    Using Environment Variables in RPG

Thanks for the tips!

Leave a comment:

• Guest.Visitor
    Guest replied

I'm having trouble getting an api to work. This is the prototype I'm using (see code below) Is there anything wrong with this? I allocate enough space to the Value Ptr and when I call the proc passing in the key, the pointer, the number of bytes alloocated(1024), 0 and *null I get back a numm pointer, size has 11 CCSID has -1199.... and the return code is 0. TIA
    Code

Leave a comment:

• B.Morris
    replied

cbougher wrote: > > I figured it out with the help of Bob Cozzi. I was passing a parameter incorrectly. I have pasted the correct code below. > I don't think you should use options(*string) on the second parameter. options(*string) should be used for input-only parameters, but the second parameter is an output parameter. Just having the VALUE keyword will make it work. Coding options(*string) won't cause you any problems, as long as you pass a pointer and not a character string. A problem would only occur if you did code a character string as a parameter, by accident, but better not to even allow the possibility of passing a character string. Also, I wouldn't code options(*string) on the last parameter. It's a reserved parameter, so you should make any assumptions about how it might be used. (According to the documentation, you can only pass *NULL anyway. Having the VALUE keyword is sufficient there too.)

Leave a comment:

• Guest.Visitor
    Guest replied

I figured it out with the help of Bob Cozzi. I was passing a parameter incorrectly. I have pasted the correct code below.
    Code

Leave a comment:

• Guest.Visitor
    Guest replied

Because I want to access the system environment variables not the job environment variables.

Leave a comment:

• jeffolen4
    started a topic Using Environment Variables in RPG

Why are you using Qp0zGetSysEnv and not getEnv? Jeff
Working...
X